Saturday, February 15, 2014

Ballet slippers, bangs, and lots of red lipstick; role models in the '90s.

When I was a little girl, I wore ballet slippers and shiny pink leotards. When I was a big little girl, I wore bangs and t-shirt ties. When I was a grown little girl, I wore ponytails, Cross Colors, and L.A. Gear... I always wanted the light-up pair, but they weren't sold at Payless. Looking back at the dancer I was slowly shaping myself into with Miss Linda's beginning ballet, Studio 81 Jazz, and the youth center tap class, I remember the women I wanted to grow-up to become. Janet, Dolly, Paula, Debbie, and Madonna. No need for last names with this kind of inspiration. So tonight I urge you to remember who you wanted to be like way back when you used tape to record over tapes in your mom's boom box, and look to see who you have become, and foresee who you are becoming.

-SSS




























































📝Posted using 📳BlogPress from my iPad📱

Location:W Parmer Ln,Austin,United States